Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Home

It's been a few days since I arrived in Canada. I was hoping that I would be super excited - after all, it was an effort of a year to get the residency. However, it feels as if even if I had not chosen this path, life would have been equally eminent, but then I had chosen this path for a reason. When I was packing my stuff, I felt nothing about the start of this new era - neither joy nor sorrow. Still feels nothing - that's comforting feeling indeed, I don't deny it. Although, what really mattered to me, when I was packing, was entirely different. Father was sitting in the corner, speaking nothing and just watching me pack with eyes filled with deep sorrow, that really made-makes me sad. He didn't even come to drop me at the station, which he always does. Once our parent loses their partner, they become our children. I should have said something to make him assure that I am still only a call away, but I didn't. What was I thinking. Canada seems too far from home. Life in Canada is easy, I accept that but if I ever go back to India, which I might now, it will be solely for the family.

http://www.careerizma.com/blog/why-nri-return-to-india-reverse-brain-drain

No comments:

Post a Comment