Tuesday, May 5, 2020

An Skype Call \ Do you have any question

When the interview started, the interviewer looked into (almost certain now) the resume, which interviewee obviously can't see on the screen, and said you have an interesting background.

And the interviewee thought about his background with a door and on that door, there was a towel too. It was a nice towel though, red, furry, and dry. He thought how could his background be interesting?


Anyway, the interview started and came to a conclusion.

The interviewer asked, 'do you have any question to ask?'

The interviewee replied, I think you have explained everything in details including position, the expected responsibilities, regarding the company, and it's culture. I can't think of any question right now, because whatever I wanted to ask, you have already answered nicely. However, on that note, I must add, you are a very helpful recruiter and I think, we must end our conversation on a cheerful note?

The interviewer said, Sure, Go on!


[By then the interviewee had realized that the mention of the background was about the profile, not wall ]

The interviewee continued; you know, when you had asked me about the background at the beginning of our interview, I thought what's there in my wall that made you asked about my background? You see, English is not my first language, so such kind of things happens sometimes, I hope, you understand. When people have different contexts, and when, even though, they try to say the same something, sometimes something gets lost into translation, and then we express something different. You know, sometimes it is funny, sometimes it's not. This time it was quite funny when I realized the fault in my perception and understood you were, instead, talking about profile only. After that realization, I was smiling a little bit on my self for a while, and might not have been able to keep a straight face for some time and I am truly sorry about that.

There was laughter on both ends for a while, and the interview ended on a delightful note, we wished each other an even better day for the rest of the day, then bid a quick farewell. We bid well. Always say GGoood-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment